[mythtv] Mythvideo and fanart - minor defects

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 11:50:47 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 00:33:46 paul10 at planar.id.au wrote:
> On Terra it didn't jump out at me quite as much as I thought it might -
> some of the theme mockups I've seen around the place seemed to have a bit
> more "punch."  Nonetheless, I like it a lot - and someone like myself who
> has no artistic talent at all needs to be careful in offering a critique
> of the work of others!!

I didn't design Terra with fanart/banners etc in mind, they simply weren't on
the cards when I started. Unlike some themes which were designed around fanart
it just doesn't work as well as everyone would like. I don't really know what
to do about it, short of a redesign for which I don't have the time or
inclination.

With the new theme I'm currently working on, fanart, if not the banners, has
been give a more central role:
http://miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/filmstrip_browser_alt2.png
http://miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/filmstrip_browser.png

--