[mythtv] iPhone streaming implementation

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:51:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Chase Douglas
<chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. However, the fact that you
> even know of "HTTP Live Streaming" as it's called suggests that you have
> access to the 3.0 dev docs? The only place I've seen a link to the actual
> docs is inside Apple's confidential development forum. The fact that the
> standard is not available outside of their site leads me to believe this is
> covered by the NDA. Because of that, I'm still not going to go into
> specifics yet.
>
> If you can post a link to the docs and it is publicly accessible, it would
> make things that much easier, but I haven't been able to find it.
>
> Now, for those who are familiar with the iPhone's streaming capabilities,
> there are further issues such as: what do you do when one tv program
> finishes and the next one begins? Again, I don't want to discuss what
> problems there are due to Apple's implementation here, so if anyone wants to
> converse about specifics they can e-mail me off-list or we can meet in the
> Apple dev forums. However, I can state that ffmpeg can't do it all alone if
> you want a fully integrated experience.

I do not have 3.0 developer access, nor have I signed a NDA, I googled
for it, and found a link to them. I wasn't aware they were under NDA.
With that in mind we shall drop the topic, and I fail to see why you
are posting here if you are going to take it to the apple developer
zone.