[mythtv] Question about new theme: menu-ui.xml

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 23:52:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I must have missed something very obvious,

You have indeed.  The *only* valid examples in trunk of MythUI themes
are Terra, Default, and default-wide.  EVERYTHING else is forced to
revert to definitions in default for various screens.  G.A.N.T defines
its menu font *in* the menu-ui.xml.  All other MythUI screens in
G.A.N.T are currently falling back to the versions in default.

So indeed, *no* mythUI screen when using G.A.N.T is using a font named
"small."  The only ui file in G.A.N.T that is using the font
definitions from base.xml is ui.xml... which is a file that isn't used
at all any more.

So, now that we've argued for 30 minutes about the right answer, would
you care to actually *try* the (correct) answer I suggested two
messages ago?  Define your fonts outside a window.  See the first 30
lines of base.xml in Terra, default, or defaul-wide for examples.

Robert