[mythtv] Mythfilldatabase & xmltv,

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:03:59 UTC 2009

On 08/05/2009, Laurent ARNAL <laurent at clae.net> wrote:
>   Hi Everybody,
>
>  I always find that configuring TV Card in MyhTV is difficult for non US
> citizen.
>  What I'm usually do is:
>
>   1/ Do a first frequency scan to find the channel.
>   2/ Go to mythweb, and fill the xmltvid column by hand for each entry in
> Channel table.
>   3/ Launch mythfilldatabase to fill missing informations (icons, programs,
> etc...).
>
>  Perhaps miss something somewhere, but what hurts is Step 2 because you
> don't have a link between channel frequency and xmltv informations.
>  The only link is the channel name that could be the same, or near the same.

I am planning to implement the XMLTV lineups proposal
(http://xmltv.org/wiki/lineupproposal.html) from early June onwards,
which should make configuring XMLTV listings with existing channels
straightforward. Once support is added to XMLTV, I will work on adding
support to MythTV.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott