[mythtv] Unreliable LiveTV channel changing

Kevin Ross Kevin at FamilyRoss.net
Sun May 10 00:42:08 UTC 2009

I'm currently running svn revision 20525.  When changing channels, a rather
large percentage of the time it will fail with various popup error messages,
such as "irrecoverable recorder error", "video frame buffering failed too
many times", or "error opening jump program file".

Running 0.21-fixes runs perfectly.

My capture card is a Pinnacle PCTV 800i PCI ATSC/QAM/NTSC/analog hybrid
capture card, but I'm only using it for ATSC OTA.

I'm sure you'd like some logs from mythbackend and mythfrontend.  What -v
options should I give the backend and frontend?

Thanks!
-- Kevin