[mythtv] Compile on Ubuntu 8.04

Andreas Fey com at andreas-fey.com
Tue May 19 14:02:50 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

I'm standing at the very beginning to contribute to MythTV: compiling
the whole sources. I followed the wiki page [1] to set up the whole
stuff, but everytime i do the ./configure call, I get the following
(maybe trivial) error:

"Qt4.4 or newer is required to build MythTV.
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
mythtv-dev at mythtv.org mailing list or IRC #mythtv on irc.freenode.net
Include the log file "config.ep" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem."

(config.ep is attached)

Meawhile I installed every package which sounds like qt**, especially
every one that was mentioned in the wiki - without any process.

So, I would be very glad if someone could help me doing my first "make" :-)

Thanks a lot!

Andreas

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ubuntu-8.10_Source_Install