[mythtv] Backport of patches to -fixes branch

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Nov 12 03:33:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 10:02 +0000, Robin Hill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the current process for backporting of patches from trunk to the
> 0.22-fixes branch?  In particular, I'm interested in the fixes for bugs
> #7484 and #7485 (revisions 22707, 22708 and 22717), but I'm also
> interested in knowing what the general process is.  Is it up to the
> developer committing a fix to backport it at the same time, or is there
> a regular process of going through recent changes and deciding which to
> backport?

Generally the person committing a patch to trunk will later port it to
the fixes branch when he feels it has had sufficient testing in trunk.
Sometimes he will commit it to the fixes branch immediately, either due
to the severe nature of the bug fixed, or because there is practically
no chance that the change will cause a regression.

-- Daniel