[mythtv] DVD playback issues, patch

Davin McCall davmac at davmac.org
Sun Nov 15 04:44:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Playback start with roughly correct speed - but I can clearly notice
> that speed is circulating around x1.0 with period of approx half sec.

you mean that the speed is varying between about 0.5x and 1.5x, right?

I've checked, there's no problem with lack of initialisation. More
likely the re-syncing is now too agressive and is casuing the video to
bounce between being too fast and too slow.

You could try changing this line in NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp:
     avsync_avg = (avsync_delay + (avsync_avg * 3)) / 4;
To something like:
     avsync_avg = (avsync_delay + (avsync_avg * 7)) / 8;

If that doesn't help: If I sent you a modified NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp
would you be able to run it for me and give me the log?

Also, what video output are you using - Xv, OpenGL, vdpau, .. ??

Thanks

Davin