[mythtv] Login page

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Nov 16 16:24:28 UTC 2009

Jon Bishop wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2009, at 10:33 PM, Far Beh wrote:
>
>> Hi Jos,
>>
>> Thanks for reply .
>> By this  way just we  can authenticate users to access the web pages
>> , but I should design login page , define each user and then track
>> users in mysql  so that I can display information specific to each
>> user , I mean each user login with his own user name password and see
>> his own info on for example  recorded tv program  and so on.
>
> This multi user support is a feature that many users have requested
> over the years. Before making it available in mythweb, you will need
> to make the needed changes to make it available in myth itself.
> Currently Myth has no such support, but if you would be willing to dig
> in and make the code required, then a great many users would thank you.

If you do intend to go this route, there has already been at least one
attempt.

http://www.mythtv/wiki/SoC2006#Make_Myth_Multi-user

You should try to dig up the old code base to build off of.  Also, pop
into #mythtv at irc.freenode.net.  There has been discussion about
rewriting the internal structure dealing with files, recordings, and
metadata.  It stalled a couple months back in order to get 0.22 out the
door.  If this does happen, it would be a good opportunity to lay some
ground work for a multi-user mythtv.