[mythtv] development contribution

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 02:23:36 UTC 2009

2009/11/20 Madhusudhan Rajagopal <mrama at orcon.net.nz>:
> Hi,
> My name is Madhu Rajagopal.  I am interested in contributing to the
> development effort of MythTV.  I would like some pointers on where to start.
>  I have read the coding standard and familarized myself with the
> tickets-system.  Not sure if this is the avenue to express my interest.
>  Look forward to your replies.

I am not a developer but will offer some advice based on what I have
seen happen over time.

If you have particular issue that affects you and you want to improve
then you can create a patch and put it on a new (or existing) ticket
in Trac.

If you want to discuss proposed changes you can post to the mythtv-dev
mailing list with a link to the ticket with patch or RFC style post.

You can also join some devs (and users that lurk) in the #mythtv IRC
channel on freenode.org if you want.

Cheers