[mythtv] how to translate library.xml?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 21:28:00 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 Oct 2009 20:34:02 Petr Stehlik wrote:
> I've heard that translating XML files directly is not the right idea and
> I thought the themestringstool had been run to extract all texts from
> all XML files to the mythfrontend.ts file. Yet I can't see some of the
> strings from defaultmenu/library.xml anywhere in linguist. Did I perhaps
> misunderstand something?

I've just checked and the strings are all their in the ThemeUI context. Use
the 'Find' feature of linguist.

If they are still not in your copy, re-run "lupdate -no-obsolete -locations
absolute -no-sort translate.pro".

>  And even if it was supposed to work that way
> how would it get back from .ts via .qm to the xml files?

It's translated as we read the text from the xml. We take the English? string
in <text> and have QT look up the translated version from the qm. The version
in in the xml will override it, so it's important that if you change the
translation your patch should remove the old <text lang="?">...</text> from
the xml too.
--
Stuart Morgan