[mythtv] Myth

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 18:51:27 UTC 2009

On 8-10-2009 20:01, MarcT wrote:
> c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.2.4/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
> cannot find -lexif
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The error is in above. Which means that libexif most likely is not build
(properly).

Can you verify you see libexif.dll or libexif-12.dll in your MSys\bin
folder? And in your MinGW/bin folder as well?

Furthermore you MSys and MinGW folder both should contain a folder
lib/libexif and in the lib folder you should find the following three files:
- libexif.a
- libexif.la
- libexif.dll.a

Can you verify they are all there?

Do you still have more build history from the stage before building
mythtv so we can see what might have gone wrong?

Kind regards,

Jonathan

The 3 files above are there in the msys but not in mingw

There are no other errors. But I have pasted all the scroll back I have
available to http://mythtv.pastebin.ca/1604848
Note, this worked prior to upgrading, the last build I made was 21949 and I
did not error.

You are focusing on the ld error, I believe the issue we should be looking
at is the
EFFECT FAILED (newer -> shell): mtime of file
(C:/mythtv/build/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmovies.dll) should be greater
than file (C:/mythtv/mythplugins/mythmovies/mythmovies/libmythmovies.dll).
As C:/mythtv/build/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmovies.dll does not exist.