[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r22552 by cpinkham

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:55:53 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-commits-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-commits-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of
mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:33 PM
To: mythtv-commits at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r22552 by cpinkham

      Author: cpinkham
        Date: 2009-10-21 03:32:45 +0000 (Wed, 21 Oct 2009)
New Revision: 22552
   Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22552

Modified:

   trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/playbackbox.cpp
   trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/playbackbox.h

Log:

Convert mythfrontend's PlaybackBox (aka Watch Recordings screen) over to
use the MythUI standard ::Init() method to do data loading and leave the
::Create() method for drawing the initial screen.  This gives the user
feedback that they are enterring the Watch Recordings screen rather than
just displaying the menu and then drawing the PlaybackBox screen in one
shot.  The database load is now done inside ::Init().

This should improve the perceived responsiveness of the frontend when
going into the Watch Recordings screen.

Might this fix the issue I have been seeing that seems to reload all the
fanart images when I stop watching a recording?
I haven't reported it yet as I was trying to find out more info. But, it
seems that, since the upgrade of how fanart is handled when I exit a
recording it reshows the fanart for that show I just watched, and a split
second later it reloads them, as if I just selected them for the first time.

MarcT