[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r21651 by gigem

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 16:20:15 UTC 2009

On Thursday 03 Sep 2009 17:06:41 mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: gigem
>         Date: 2009-09-03 16:06:40 +0000 (Thu, 03 Sep 2009)
> New Revision: 21651
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21651
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/proglist.cpp
>    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/proglist.h
>
> Log:
>
> Update the list immediately after deleting entries.  It can be
> confusing and frustrating to perform a delete and not see it take
> effect until the scheduler gets around to sending a change event.
> This is how it worked before the UI port.

David, instead of updating the entire list, can we just delete the item from
the visible list using MythUIButtonList::RemoveItem() ? This is significantly
faster and therefore much smoother than refilling, a matter of milliseconds vs
seconds for a refill in some extremes. It's what we're doing elsewhere to keep
the UI as responsive and smooth as possible. The scheduler event will
eventually force a refill anyway, but even this is something I'd like to
change post-0.22.
--
Stuart Morgan