[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r21696 - in trunk/mythplugins by gigem

Peter Stokes mythtv at dadeos.co.uk
Sun Sep 6 22:09:59 UTC 2009

On 6 Sep 2009, at 19:28, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:

>      Author: gigem
>        Date: 2009-09-06 18:28:20 +0000 (Sun, 06 Sep 2009)
> New Revision: 21696
>   Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21696
>
> Added:
>
>   trunk/mythplugins/cpsimple
>   trunk/mythplugins/cpsvndir
>
> Modified:
>
>   trunk/mythplugins/mytharchive/mytharchive/mytharchive.pro
>   trunk/mythplugins/mythweather/mythweather/mythweather.pro
>
> Log:
>
> Fixed some directory installtions to not copy the .svn directory.

Hi,

I am not sure whether this commit was in response to my ticket (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6772
) or not.

The problem is that the existing "cpsvndir" script does not do exactly
what it claims under a number of circumstances. For this reason there
are patches attached to the ticket that modify the "cpsvndir" script
to make it more robust. These changes are necessary if the script is
to be used to install files from mytharchive and mythweather.

The problems result in files not being installed correctly. A big
problem is the mytharchive themes. The existing script copies no files
when requested to do so via the "mythplugins/mytharchive/mytharchive/
Makefile". The problem in this situation is that the "cpsvndir" script
assumes that the files being copied reside in a source directory
within the current working directory (the directory of the "Makefile"
i.e. "mythplugins/mytharchive/mytharchive/"), for the mytharchive
themes, this is not the case. There were a number of other problematic
cases I identified during development/testing of the updated
"cpsvndir" script, including handling filenames with spaces in them.

I have verified that the updated versions of the "cpsvndir" contained
within the patches attached to ticket #6772 copy all of the required
files in all scenarios as described in the existing qmake project
files on Linux and Mac, they also function correctly on Windows (but
currently qmake on Windows generates incorrect Makefiles, providing
the "cpsvndir" script with incorrect parameters).

I have also updated the patches to incorporate the new group ID
setting code.

Thanks

Peter