[mythtv] what is the current status of SBE support?

Glen Dragon gdragon at jetcom.org
Mon Sep 7 14:51:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>wrote:

> Yes, the original set of problems has been fixed. Three socket
> handling bugs have been discovered since then, one new, one old,
> and one which may or may not be old. The new one is a pretty
> serious deadlock when performing certain actions in mythweb
> and will be fixed as soon as I get a good chunk of time at the
> keyboard, the others are resource leaks which I'll fix sometime
> before the 0.22 release.
>
> -- Daniel

Daniel -

I don't use SBE support anymore, but when I did, I had a number of socket
instabilities..
The patch that I had in #3720, helped the problems immensely. While I agree
that it is good to fix the event problems in each case, I'm afraid that
there are still quite a number of them lurking. I'm not sure that the patch
( *3720-event-socket-v1.patch*<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/3720/3720-event-socket-v1.patch>)
that i used in that ticket is a perfect solution, but it might be
helpful
if you are looking at this problem. Just figured i'd jog your memory of the
ticket, if it could be of any help.

-- Glen