[mythtv] libGL.so linking error when building trunk on openSuse 11.1, may be nvidia related?

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 7 23:06:59 UTC 2009

'Twas brillig, and R. G. Newbury at 07/09/09 17:38 did gyre and gimble:
> <semi-rant or request>
> It would be SO nice if the Nvidia installer just RE-NAMED the files it
> touches, rather than just over-writing them. Even better if the 'run'
> package actually had a --uninstall switch.
> Anyone at Nvidia read this list???
> </semi-rant>

I'd imagine most distros have their own integrated versions of these
drivers that do not rely on the relatively brutish approach of the .run
installer.

Certainly in Mandriva all the GL options and libraries etc. are handled
automatically by our alternatives system allowing both nvidia and mesa
GL libs to be used and swapped without overwriting anything.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
myth(at)colin.guthr.ie