[mythtv] Error in win32-packager.pl?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 13:10:11 UTC 2009

A Backtrace.   A debuggers output showing the programming calls and variable
values and such leading up to the crash.

Exactly..

I haven't had a chance to do a backtrace yet, but here are my modified iss
and pl.
I added some more versioning info into the pl to be added into the
version.iss that it generates.

#define MyAppName      "MythTV"
#define MyAppVerName   "MythTV '.$version.'.'.$SVNRELEASE .'"
#define MyFileVer      "'.$version.'.'.$SVNRELEASE .'"
#define MyAppPublisher "MythTV"
#define MyAppURL       "http://www.mythtv.org"
#define MyAppExeName   "MythTVInstall-'.$version.'.'.$SVNRELEASE .'"

which caused me to update the mythtvsetup.iss to add in the new information

[Setup]
AppName={#MyAppName}
AppVerName={#MyAppVerName}
AppVersion={#MyFileVer}
AppPublisher={#MyAppPublisher}
AppPublisherURL={#MyAppURL}
AppSupportURL={#MyAppURL}
AppUpdatesURL={#MyAppURL}
DefaultDirName={pf}\mythtv
DisableDirPage=true
DefaultGroupName={#MyAppName}
DisableProgramGroupPage=true
OutputDir=c:\mythtv\setup
OutputBaseFilename={#MyAppExeName}
Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=true
AppModifyPath="{app}\UninsHs.exe" /m0=AppName
VersionInfoVersion={#MyFileVer} VersionInfoCompany={#MyAppPublisher}
VersionInfoDescription={#MyAppName}
VersionInfoTextVersion={#MyFileVer}
VersionInfoProductName={#MyAppName}
VersionInfoProductVersion={#MyFileVer}

When I create the installer exe it now appends the version and trunk number
to the end of the file name for easier identification of versions. It also
added the file version if you hover over the install exe or go into the file
properties.

My pl removed oldthemes completely instead of including oldthemes into the
install.

Marc