[mythtv] Is there an easier way to update menu content other than manual?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Sep 16 01:05:14 UTC 2009

Ni Hao!

> My question is: is there a simplier way that allow me to just
> manage one center of menu translation list can update the three
> automatically?

Sadly, no.

The code could conceivably be changed to separate
the menu structure and their translated names,
but that is assuming that the context
(i.e. the menu page a button appears in)
isn't important in the translated string.

> I hasitate to do all these manually as it requires quite some
> boreing and repeative work.

1) I'm not a linguist, but isn't that the nature of translation?
Inserting nuance, peer review, checking and double-checking, et c.

2) Note that it is more than just those three - some of the items in
mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/media_settings.xml are also duplicated in

mythplugins/mythmusic/theme/menus/musicmenu.xml
mythplugins/mythvideo/theme/menus/videomenu.xml

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|There's a warm cosiness as   |
                                      | all your internal organs are|