[mythtv] how should I addd one request into mythtvconverg.record?

Clark Lee clarkchen900 at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Sep 26 02:05:39 UTC 2009

Hi, All,

I am using mythtv trunk code. I love the recording function of mythtv, and I would like to add an external recording interface so that I let my machine get controlled by a remote program.

Now I have tried to insert one request into 'mythconverg.record' via mysql interface diretly. However, some seem work while some don't work at all (i.e. mythtv-backend ingored them). I am not sure whether doing this willl corrupt the database. I read the code files in mythtv/libmythtv/... but didn't get a good idea.

So my questions are:
1) what is the proper way to matipulate 'record' table? when changing it, should I also change other tables or notice the mythtv program?
2) what's the defination of the following columns in 'record' table?
findday,findid,
3) what's the relationship of the following tables:
record; record_tmp, recorded, recordedcredit, recordedfile, recordedprogram,  recordmatch, (while some others)
To me it seems 'record' and 'recordmatch' are the most related ones.
4) how frequently mythtv-backend scans the changes in mythconverg database?

Thanks very much!

Clark