[mythtv] MythUI OSD branch and the way forward

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Apr 1 13:50:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 22:57 -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2010-03-31, at 12:27 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
> > Because even on this list, the signal to noise ratio is
> > extraordinarily poor.
>
> Sure, I'm just asking for more signal to improve that ratio.
>
> It would be very helpful to have some sort of forward declaration of what's happening

Mark Kendall is working on porting the on-screen-display (the overlay
graphics during video playback) to the same MythUI framework now used
for non-setting screens in the frontend. This will make i18n possible
without additional libraries.This will probably be completed in time
for 0.24.

I am working on moving the backend setup from mythtv-setup into the
backend's webserver. This will allow systems to be reconfigured while
running (with the necessary parts restarting automatically.) This will
probably be completed in time for 0.25.

-- Daniel