[mythtv] searching trunk

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 19:33:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Mark Yang <darsuntt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am browsing source code at this address:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk
>
> Is there any way to search the trunk directly? I would like to trace
> includes when I am studying a particular class. Also is there a resource
> that could help explain the purpose of each class, such as playbacksock?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark Yang

Whenever I want to search for anything I just do so with find and grep
within my source directory.

In order to not include things in .svn directories I use an alias named 'sfind':

alias sfind='find . \! -path "*/.svn/*" -type f'

...that finds all files starting in my current directory skipping .svn
folders.  Then I just do:

sfind -exec grep -l <the_string_to_search_for> {} \;

The nice part about that is that, since I tend to use gvim as an
editor, I can also do this to edit all the above matching files:

gvim -p `sfind -exec grep -l <the_string_to_search_for> {} \;`

Tom