[mythtv] Schedule error ?

gilles choteau.gilles at orange.fr
Mon Apr 19 22:23:46 UTC 2010

hello,
when I schedule a record of 3 subtitles of the same series on the same
channel one after one, I introduce a endoffset  (5 or 10 minutes). I
have 4 tuners: 2dvb-t, 2dvdb-s
The schedule made 3 time the same mistake (and more but not in the same
condition):
first recording is OK
second ou third recording is bad, mythtv start at the good time but
finish after 5 minutes if the endoffset is 5 or after 10 mn if the
endoffset is 10

I didn't find a good trace in the log file, only this

DevRdB(/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0) Error: Poll giving up
DVBSH(/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0) Error: Device error detected
DVBRec(3:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0) Error: Stream handler died
unexpectedly.
TVRec(3): Changing from Watching RecordingOnly to None

, in the same time the first or the second recording stop.

When I read the database recorded table, i see for the bad record
    start time     22H35
    end time      22H40
    prog start    22H35
    prog end     23H25

strange, very strange
I have this defaut with 0.22 and 0.23 with 2 tuners.
channel is not encrypted  and the problem didn't appaer in the other
conditions. For the single record : no problem

Have you a debug mode for the schedule module ? so I can produce a good
trace of the problem.
Perhaps it's a problem with the driver....

thanks for you help

Gilles