[mythtv] Recording series with different titles on DVB

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 1 05:08:04 UTC 2010

  On 07/31/2010 07:16 PM, Rune Petersen wrote:

>>> AFAIK according to the DVB standard it is perfectly legal to have
>>> different
>>> titles for different episodes/events in a series.
>>>
>>> With better/any "record series" support, this issue would not
>>> exist.Also it
>>> would allow for improvements to the recording GUI (series could be
>>> handled
>>> differently).
>>>
>>> Personally I'd much rather fix the issue in a general way, rather
>>> then just
>>> adding a fixup for my provider.
>>
>> A similar issue was reported last year - please see:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/388550
>>
>> The /correct solution/ if your DVB provider includes valid
>> seriesid/programids would be to use serieslink-type functionality in
>> the recording rule and dupe detection, as this is what it was designed
>> for.
>> As Mike says in his reply - the /current best solution/ (and if your
>> DVB provider does not transmit seriesid/programid information) is the
>> use of power rules to look for specific strings in the title field.
> Using the seriesid was my intention, sorry for not explaining i better.
> My provider supplies seriesid & programids and I have verified they
> are stored in the DB with a little help:
>
> +------------+-----------+---------------------+
> | title      | programid | seriesid            |
> +------------+-----------+---------------------+
> | Bones (21) |           | test/08e018d70bones |
> | Bones (22) |           | test/08e018d70bones |
> | Bones (22) |           | test/08e018d70bones |
> +------------+-----------+---------------------+
>
> I am currently using 0.23-fixes and it seriesid doesn't seam to have
> any effect, at least with differing titles.
>
> Unless the serieslink-type functionality has been added since 0.23,
> could you point me to where to look in the code? (I think I am missing
> something obvious)

FWIW, I /still/ think Power Rules are the right way to go.  Before going
too far down the "modify how 'all' rules work" road, please read
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/169129#169129 (and
consider how changes will affect people in other areas of the world) and
talk with David Engel about any plans for scheduler changes.

Note that you can do the seriesid stuff with a Power Rule...

Rule Name: Bones
Rule SQL: program.seriesid = 'test/08e018d70bones'

and you're done.  (Or feel free to use LIKE or AND or ... to customize
to your heart's content.)

Mike