[mythtv] Unexpected jumps during video play (non recordings)

Michael Marré m.marre at web.de
Mon Aug 2 19:00:17 UTC 2010

Hello,

I need help to analyse the following phenomenon:

Under Mythbuntu 10.04 I faced the problem that during viewing a video it
sometimes do a unexpected jump backwards or forward. I am using the
default internal player. Remote is configured and a parallel IRW does
not show any incoming signal during a jump. The videos are grabbed from
DVDs and not any recordings.

I would start with investigation of the logfiles, but as far as I know
remote key presses are not logged. How can I track this issue down?

I strongly believe that this issue has something to do with the
combination of MythTV, Technisat CableStar HD2 and the S2-Liplianin
modules (DKMS from VDR project) since under Fedora 13 (kernel 2.6.33)
the problem does not occours (but there I have issues with the Remote
itself since the mantis modules does not support IR there).

Any helpful hints to track this issue down would really being
appreciated. I won't open a bug at this time since I have not enough
facts, only sympthoms.

Regards,
Michael