[mythtv] mythnetvision mysql python problem.

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun Aug 15 19:32:31 UTC 2010

Had some issues getting netvision to work, all I got was empty trees on all
but one grabber and no error.

After running the scripts manually I found the source of the problem:
! Warning - MythTV python bindings could not be imported. error(No module
named MySQLdb)

This was easily fixed once I saw the error by installing MySQL-python.

It would have been nice to get an error in the frontend gui instead of
nothing, just an empty tree or lockup when trying to scan.
This is with 0.23-fixes branch.

Is there any other dependencies with netvision? If so is there any readme
file or wiki page for it?

I sometimes get a blank page and initially (for some reason) the web zoom
was set to 5 instead of 1 (5 times larger than normal)
Not sure why since I've never used any frontend web related thing before on
this frontend.