[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r25858 - in trunk/mythtv by cpinkham

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Aug 27 04:28:57 UTC 2010

* On Thu Aug 26, 2010 at 08:50:47AM +0100, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> On 26/08/2010 07:02, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> >       Author: cpinkham
> >         Date: 2010-08-26 06:02:14 +0000 (Thu, 26 Aug 2010)
> >New Revision: 25858
> >    Changeset: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25858
> >
> >Log:
> >
> >Add the ability to playback remote DVD and Blu-ray directory images and DVD
> >ISO files via MythTV's streaming protocol.
> [snip]
>
> thank you, thank you, thank you

Hopefully the non-ISO playback will get a speed increase sometime soon.
Daniel is working on some RingBuffer improvements that will help preventing
flushing of the readahead cache when we seek in certain cases.  Certain
cases which the DVD and BD code happen to exhibit during startup.
I tested my own small hack of a portion of what he's implementing and it
did speed up things.  There's also one case I see in the logs where I can
speed up startup by a few seconds on my dev system so I'm going to look into
that as well.

--
Chris