[mythtv] Windows frontend issues

Mythtv mythtv at meric.id.au
Sun Aug 29 07:04:46 UTC 2010

> Quite possibly so.  I've seen errors of this type when my build VMs
max
> out
> their small pagefiles.
>
> If it recurs, you could try reducing the number of parallel jobs in
the
> script:
> Line 118:    $parallelMake = 'make -j '. ($numCPU + 1);

Weird... I've reproduced the issue with a clean environment.  Again, if
I run the mythtv make outside of the perl script, it works perfectly.
I've tried dropping the parallel make down to 1, and it hasn't made any
difference.

The VM has resources to burn (1GB ram + 1.5GB pagefile), and isn't
getting anywhere near exhausting them.  Does MinGW have some sort of
resource limits internally?

Just checked ulimit in MinGW and there do appear to be stack and VM
limitations.  It doesn't look like these can be changed directly - is
there some sort of config for MinGW, or are these architectural limits?
Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Anyway... I've got a manual workaround for now, so I guess it isn't a
show-stopper.

Richard.