[mythtv] [RFC] MythMusic: use libcdio to play & rip CDs (Win32 & MacOSX too)

Jonathan Martens jonathan at snetram.nl
Wed Dec 1 15:48:04 UTC 2010

On 1-12-2010 15:20, Lawrence Rust wrote:
>> I need to debug this some more, but my first attempts in looking up a CD
>> and ripping it after the manual intervention (setting the drive letter
>> from 'default' to 'z:') in the database seems to work.
>
> OK, as expected.

Playback of ripped tracks or selecting them does not work as
Mythfrontend keeps crashing with statements like these (on playback):

-----

2010-12-01 16:40:25.500 MythMainWindow::attach old: none, new:
music_playback, t
hread: 3488
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is PlaybackBoxMusic(0x23f7f220), parent's thread is
QThread(0x18e5f158),
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is PlaybackBoxMusic(0x23f7f220), parent's thread is
QThread(0x18e5f158),
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is PlaybackBoxMusic(0x23f7f220), parent's thread is
QThread(0x18e5f158),
QObject::startTimer: QTimer can only be used with threads started with
QThread
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is PlaybackBoxMusic(0x23f7f220), parent's thread is
QThread(0x18e5f158),
QObject::startTimer: QTimer can only be used with threads started with
QThread
QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice

way.

-----

And this when trying to enter the select music dialog:

-----

2010-12-01 16:41:41.468 MythMainWindow::attach old: none, new: music
database, t
hread: 3232
QPixmap: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice

way.
QWaitCondition: Destroyed while threads are still waiting

-----

It seems as some GUI related things are done in the wrong thread.

Kind regards,

Jonathan