[mythtv] [RFC] MythMusic: use libcdio to play & rip CDs (Win32 & MacOSX too)

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 17:40:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 16:48 +0100, Jonathan Martens wrote:
> On 1-12-2010 15:20, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> >> I need to debug this some more, but my first attempts in looking up a CD
> >> and ripping it after the manual intervention (setting the drive letter
> >> from 'default' to 'z:') in the database seems to work.
> >
> > OK, as expected.
>
> Playback of ripped tracks or selecting them does not work as
> Mythfrontend keeps crashing with statements like these (on playback):
>
> -----
>
> 2010-12-01 16:40:25.500 MythMainWindow::attach old: none, new:
> music_playback, t
> hread: 3488
> QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
> (Parent is PlaybackBoxMusic(0x23f7f220), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x18e5f158),

[snip]

> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
>
> -----
>
> And this when trying to enter the select music dialog:
>
> -----
>
> 2010-12-01 16:41:41.468 MythMainWindow::attach old: none, new: music
> database, t
> hread: 3232
> QPixmap: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
> QWaitCondition: Destroyed while threads are still waiting

Hmm, this looks like issues outside the scope of this patch.  I
submitted a number of patches in ticket# 9258 that enable MythMusic
x-compilation, fix null derefs, fix a race condition and fix pathname
handling.  You may be running into these.  You may also need the
Direct3D patch in ticket# 9241 and the pathname patches in ticket #9268.
These are working thru the system, some in #9258 were commited today.  I
have attached these patches that are againt r27299 (almost head).  HTH

Nearly finished building on VirtuualBox.  Hope to test later.

-- Lawrence