[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: fbe4969 by Raymond Wagner (wagnerrp)

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Tue Dec 7 15:02:23 UTC 2010

On 07/12/2010 14:19, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> The email message itself is actually not very informative and a little
> misleading. This is a merge commit and while the diff available on the
> link generated does not really reflect this actual commit. It just shows
> you (I think) the parent at which the merge was based (a merge commit
> has two parents as you'll likely see on the github view).
>
> So in this case the Merge commit:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/fbe4969
>   is actually really a view of:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/f1b4edc

you mean:

Merge branch 'master' of github.com:MythTV/mythtv

wagnerrp (author)

vs.

Following [98a196], fix same logic error used in the settings which
prevented selecting 7.1 unless audio advanced was selected

jyavenard (author)

the latter is useful, the former is not. it also given the impression
that the change came from raymond rather that jean-yves

i know very little about git/github. how did you determine the
relationship between the two commits? if i knew that i could work these
out for myself.

--
simon