[mythtv] github issue numbers show-up as link but do not work

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 18:59:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 6:33 AM, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> For that and other reasons tickets need to be created with details of the pull
> request, not the other way around.

We should still put a reference in the pull request, potentially.  But
not as #1234.  Maybe "ticket 1234", so it doesn't try to auto-link.

> On a related note - Github is not another avenue to seek developer attention,
> that remains Trac for bugs/patches and the mailing list for discussion. Any
> pull request for code I maintain, for which there is no ticket in trac will be
> ignored by me.

There will be some of us (myself for instance) that will periodically
create tickets for stray pull requests, but really, the person doing
the request should do so, and include a link to the pull request in
the ticket.  Please don't depend on us to watch in too many places at
once.