[mythtv] [RFC] New Win32 build script

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 15:53:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Jonathan Martens <jonathan at snetram.nl> wrote:
> On 9-12-2010 15:53, Lawrence Rust wrote:
>>
>> Since the change from svn to git, the existing Windows build script is
>> broken.  In this light and the fact that the mythfrontend produced by
>> the current Perl script suffers from Qt compatibility issues with
>> MythMusic then I decided to re-write it to support both native and
>> hosted (cross compiled) builds.  The result can be viewed here..
>> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuildw32
>
> [snip]
>
>> I would be most pleased if anyone can try this and let me know your
>> experiences.  If all goes well I'll submit it to Trac.

The only obvious problem I see with this rewrite is that it reverts us
back to having to track down all the issues when a version of some dep
disappears, moves, becomes unavailable, etc.  This is why I moved all
the dependency packages to the mythtv-for-windows google code project
earlier this year and adapted the script to use them.  I am not
anxious to go back to trying to figure out which dependency has gone
missing today, and where to find it.  If we adopt a new build script
(which would probably need approval from at least Nigel) then I would
seriously prefer that we assemble all the deps and their corresponding
source packages, and put them up on the google code project.  That way
we can update a dep at our convenience and the script goes on working
until we get to it.

Robert