[mythtv] [RFC] New Win32 build script

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 01:58:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:

> I see the problem now.  It's that your mingw prefix is something other
> than i586-mingw32msvc.  The mkspecs/qmake.conf that's installed by the
> patch is hard coded to i586-mingw32msvc
>
> This needs some thought, probably some sort of macro subsitution in the
> patch.  I'll keep you posted.
>
> -- Lawrence

Hi Lawrence-- Just taking the script for a test run-- FYI using -j > 1
can potentially end up causing problems when building the dependencies
(as it just did for me) that are non-obvious and look like code issues
(but are not).  In my case, lame compilation failed, and I had to make
distclean, then manually rm the stamp, then restart the build process
with a single build thread to continue fine-- there was never any
actual code issue, just that the compiler got ahead of itself.

That said, it's not a problem with the script, just a potential gotcha
with the instructions.  Took a few runs through before it would
complete.  Everything else appears to have behaved.  Nice work.

Robert