[mythtv] Program Titles

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 09:30:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am in the progress of implementing EPG decoding for the UK SKY DVB-S
within Myth.
The titles of programs can be as follows:
1) The Italian Job
2) New Tricks
3) Batman

When displayed in a list alphabetically one wants:
1) Batman     (sort starting from the B)
2) The Italian Job (sort starting from the I and not the T)
3) New Tricks. (sort starting from the N)

How should the "Title" be presented to myth so that myth can sort then
correctly.
The EPG itself has a special character within the title string that
indicates the "sort starting with" position within the title string.
Does myth use a special character for this, or some other method?

Second question.
The EPG arrives on a particular MUX. I therefore want myth to only
look for the EPG when it is idle and not using a DVB-S card to capture
a recording on some other MUX.
How do I get myth to do stuff during idle times?

Kind Regards

James