[mythtv] Program Titles

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 17:10:53 UTC 2010

James Courtier-Dutton a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am in the progress of implementing EPG decoding for the UK SKY DVB-S
> within Myth.
> The titles of programs can be as follows:
> 1) The Italian Job
> 2) New Tricks
> 3) Batman
>
> When displayed in a list alphabetically one wants:
> 1) Batman     (sort starting from the B)
> 2) The Italian Job (sort starting from the I and not the T)
> 3) New Tricks. (sort starting from the N)
>
> How should the "Title" be presented to myth so that myth can sort then
> correctly.
> The EPG itself has a special character within the title string that
> indicates the "sort starting with" position within the title string.
> Does myth use a special character for this, or some other method?
>
> Second question.
> The EPG arrives on a particular MUX. I therefore want myth to only
> look for the EPG when it is idle and not using a DVB-S card to capture
> a recording on some other MUX.
> How do I get myth to do stuff during idle times?
>
> Kind Regards
As Micheal said, myth will launch the active scanner when the backend is
idle, the function is in eitscanner.cpp:

void EITScanner::StartActiveScan

Looking at the code it starts at a random channel, so this might be improved by only allowing certain ranges of channels in your case; I am not sure you want to skip the eit now/next which can be more accurate perhaps though.
HTH
Bye
Manu