[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 19:40:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 12:29 -0500, Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
> On 12/11/2010 12:49 PM, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> > After a number of comments and suggestions I have revised the Windows
> > cross compiling build script.  Thanks to everyone who contributed.  The
> > new script can be viewed here:
> > http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuildw32-1
> >
> > An archive of the script and its associated (mandatory) patches is here:
> > http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuildw32-1.zip
>
> I ran this new script and it completed on the first try (!).

Thanks for the report - that's good news.

> However, I think this line:
>
>      cp -p /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin/*.dll .
>
> maybe too broad. It copies a lot of dlls with the same names as some of
> the ones being built (pthread, Qt, libjpeg etc.) and the subsequent "ln
> -s" statements fail. The end result is that the dlls that are shipped
> with mingw are used instead of the ones just built.

OK, I'll restrict it to these (given xprefix=i686-pc-mingw32):

/usr/$xprefix/sys-root/mingw/bin/mingwm??.dll
/usr/$xprefix/sys-root/mingw/bin/libgcc_s_sjlj-?.dll
/usr/$xprefix/sys-root/mingw/bin/libstdc++-?.dll

If they are sufficient to run mythfrontend?

Unfortunately it's a bit like fishing in the dark when we're running
different versions of mingw.  But we've got there :-)

Thanks.

-- Lawrence