[mythtv] Ticket 9201 - Why is Ticket locked? I've the same problem!

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 13 17:30:32 UTC 2010

On 13/12/2010 17:04, Kevin Buhr wrote:
> Jochen Kühner<jochen.kuehner at gmx.de>  writes:
>>
>> Why is the Ticket 9201 locked?
>>
>> Is no additional Information needed, I?ve the same problem!
>
> Hi, Jochen,
>
> You might want to try the attached patch. I'd be interested to know if
> it fixes your problem (and maybe tickets 9177 and 9353 and others).
>
> I was having numerous problems while switching channels, too, with jump
> buffer errors, crashes, and so on. Eventually, I was able to reliably
> duplicate it by switching between two particular channels to cause a
> crash, and I found the following problem.

That sounds like exactly what I was seeing. I looked in trac but
didn't find 9201. I also reported the problem here, but no one
noticed the connection with 9201 (I don't think I mentioned live
TV because I hadn't realised that was involved in the problem).
I was also confused because the problems started just after
I added freesat to my system, and I was seeing lots of h264
errors, which now look to be nothing to do with it. My
problems were always while watching live tv. I'd see "Video frame
buffering failed too many times." or "Error opening jump program
file buffer". mythbackend would often crash, reporting corrupted
memory, although the crash wasn't always directly after the
failed channel change.

I've been shy of using livetv while anything important is
recording or about to record, so I haven't seen the problem
for a while, but I'll try out your patch, and give my
system a bit of a hammering.

Cheers,
	Paul.