[mythtv] Ticket 9201(and 9034) - Still problems after applying suggested patch

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Dec 14 19:05:34 UTC 2010

On 14/12/2010 12:22, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 14/12/2010 09:44, Jochen Kühner wrote:
>> I've tryed the patch, now the first start of LiveTv seems to work every
>> time, but after a channel change i still got jump buffer errors all the
>> time!
>
> I too still get jump buffer errors with the patch applied: at least, I
> had one occurence during a sequence of channel changes. But I'll be
> happy if this patch cures the backend crashes I was seeing. The crashes
> were only one a week or so, so it'll be a while before I have any real
> evidence that it is cured.

If anything it's worse now. :-( I just had two occurences of the
problem, one which deadlocked parts of mythbackend until I
restarted it.

POSSIBLY NEW INFO: in both cases, I was selecting Live tv just
as the program on the selected channel was about to end. Thinking
back, that may well have been the case on every occasion that I've
seen this problem. I have also at least once seen the error occur
at a program junction even after having been watching live tv
for some time.

Occurence 1: I tried to watch a program live. The error "Error
opening jump program file buffer" was displayed. I tried to
select live tv again, mythfrontend locked up with the screen
blank. Also mythbackend was unresponsive to queries via mythweb,
although the mythbackend had not crashed. It seems like its
main thread had deadlocked.

Occurence 2: Repeated attempts to watch live tv each gave
the error. This time the nothing locked up. After leaving
it a few minutes, it seemed to have recovered.

The backend log had many repeats of a message

  Expiring 0 MB for 8941 at 2010-12-14T18:28:47 => "BBC News"

and then several repeats of

  Expiring 0 MB for 8941 at 2010-12-14T18:30:03 => "Regional News
Programmes"

Also possibly relevant was

  LoadFromScheduler(): Error, called from backend.

Paul.