[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 733c698c0 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 05:17:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:52 AM, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> wrote:
> My point is that new warning should be looked at even if it's not in
> code we have written.

Well, I'd agree here...  if we are going to fix the warnings.  In
particular, the ones in ffmpeg...  when you are ready to do another
sync, it may be wise to re-enable the warnings before the resync so
you get a before and after resync...  and then if we are going to
leave the code as is without fixing ffmpeg's warnings, you can put the
-w back in.

For the replex code, I don't think we have any plans to change it, so
we either choose to fix the warnings by changing the code... or we
choose to silence them altogether.  It seems that for now, we have
chosen the latter.

For *our* code, I am all for having no warnings at all. :)  So leaving
the warnings enabled there makes perfect sense so we see and fix new
warnings quickly.