[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

treblid treblid at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 04:07:04 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM, treblid <treblid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would appreciate any pointers. Thanks merry Christmas and a happy new
> year to all.
I'm well and truly stuck in this one. Tried to do a debug build of
MythTVw32 to see if I can get a backtrace but hit this problem:

C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\make.exe: *** couldn't commit memory for cygwin
heap, Win32 error 0
make[3]: *** [release] Error 1

All my machines are 2GB, and only the Myth backend is 8GB, but I've
tried creating a virtual machine giving it 4GB of memory and it still
failed. :( Try increasing the heap_chunk_in_mb registry setting to
1024 and didn't help. Will try it again on my last machine (Win7
32bit) and see if it'd work there.

Any pointers? Failing that, can somebody who has a working mingw build
a debug version of the master branch and put it online somewhere for
me to download?

Regards.

Ps: Apologies if this should be in the user list.