[mythtv] Mac OS X Packager from git?

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 01:35:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> Building of ffmpeg is currently disabled but I'm not sure that has any implications for Mac users. (MacOS backend and frontend.)  I think ffmpeg is mostly (only?) used for nuvexport which only works with nupplevideo files.  For sure, the HDHomerun records  MPEG-TS format.  I believe firewire recorders are the same.

This is absolutely not correct.

nuvexport works with *all* captured files from mythtv.  It is not only
for .nuv files, and never has been only for nuv files.  I have
recently tested it with files ranging from MPEG2-PS (from ivtv) to
MPEG2-TS (HD-Homerun and other OTA capture) to H.264 from my HD-PVR.

mythffmpeg is used by nuvexport at this point as the *only* supported
version of ffmpeg for all conversions that use ffmpeg.  By not
compiling this under OSX, you effectively can not export your
recordings using nuvexport under OSX.

I wish someone with an OSX box would determine what the build issue is
with ffmpeg in our tree so we can not have to worry about this in the
future, but obviously, there are other priorities in the short-term,
and perhaps it will be revisited later.