[mythtv] myth dev mod needed

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Feb 2 14:22:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 01:37 -0400, George Walker wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like a specific modification to Myth for use in a Kiosk-type
> application
> I would like a front end with six buttons corresponding to
> specific time-shifting periods - 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 Seconds,
> along with the playback screen
> I am not a coder.

George this is really a question for the MythTV users mailing list.
I believe you can achieve this with a keyboard macro program which
just sends 5>, 10>, 15>, 20>, 25>, 30>, resp. when those buttons are
pressed, where > is your jump forward key (usually the right arrow).

I'll not reply further in the dev list since this is not something
requiring any code changes in MythTV.

-- Daniel