[mythtv] VDPAU stuttering in trunk

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 21:45:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I'm going to need a sample if you can upload it somewhere.
>> There is nothing in your log that gives me an indication of where the
>> problem is.
>
> Wow, Google Docs now allows arbitrary documents.  Please try this:
>
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxETmfuHvGPQMjRiZTZhYTItMDgwOC00MTYzLTk0YTItNWJhYWYxYWZiOTll&hl=en
>
> and let me know if it doesn't work, or if you want a much larger sample.
>
> Jim

I was able to reproduce the problem with my setup here with the
following config:

 * Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M (G86)
 * 256 MB GPU memory
 * Nvidia 195.30 driver
 * Temporal 2X (w/ skipchroma)

Before the new VDPAU rendering code was committed around changeset
[23235] the video plays flawlessly and afterwards the video fails to
keep up with the audio and results in massive frame drops like you are
experiencing.

Not sure if it matters but how much GPU memory do you have allocated
on your ION?

--
Taylor