[mythtv] Deadline for 0.23 translations?

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sat Feb 20 14:37:34 UTC 2010

Hi Kenni!

Kenni Lund wrote:
> We've now completed the translation and I've uploaded the "final" 0.23
> patch to ticket 7914 (version 6 of the ALL_IN_ONE_patch). However, the
> themestrings still haven't been updated in SVN, so there's still quite
> a few untranslatable strings, even though we're only 10 days away from
> the 0.23 release :(

I could be wrong but I have a feeling that the release of 0.23 has most probably been
delayed.

Prior to the release of 0.22 we could see a lot of activity in Trac like a higher
than usual number of tickets committed (over a period of time) or tickets which were
pushed back to a later version and we haven't seen this yet for 0.23 I believe...

> What are the current plans in regard to the themestring update?
>
> Can I help out by submitting a patch with the updated themestrings?

Did you actually made your own like you had suggested?

We (French language translation team) did make our own themestrings.h and this has
given us a tad more time to validate our translations in context this time (which we
did not have the occasion to do has much as we like for 0.22). For the next release
we should have a MythNetvision and MythZoneminder translation as well as updates and
corrections to the ones we had submitted for 0.22.

BTW, keep an eye for the commits on MythWeb. If these get committed for 0.23 there
should be a few tickets that add additionnal translatable fields as well.

> Since we've put _enormous_ efforts into this full translation of
> mythtv (the patch is almost 2MB), it would really be sad if it didn't
> make it into 0.23 or if it made it into 0.23 without all the new
> themestrings.

 From what I have seen the end result of not having the new themestrings would be
that some screens would end up being only partially translated or not translated at all.

Have a nice day!

Nick