[mythtv] mythtv commit: r23016 - in trunk by stuartm

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Jan 1 12:32:38 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> says:
> SELECT person, name, HEX(name) FROM people WHERE name LIKE 'Kerry B%';

The hex code I get is 4B657272792042697368C3A9; I gather C3A9 is
Unicode for é.

But, as I said, I blew away my historical credits data during the
ultimately fatal wild-goose chase so my current credits data should be
clean. As mentioned in my reply to David one of the names I used for
checking to see whether Mythfrontend 0.22 displayed accented
characters correctly was John le Carré. I remember seeing the
following entries in the database:

John le Carré (correct)
John le Carré (latin1 rendition of Unicode)
John le Carréé (or something like that)

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array