[mythtv] Streaming Audio In MythMusic

Micah F. Galizia micahgalizia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 20:49:20 UTC 2010

On 09-12-30 02:19 PM, Micah F. Galizia wrote:
> On 09-12-28 02:26 PM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 13:50 -0500, Micah F. Galizia wrote:
>>> This version has very simple support for PLS, ASX and M3U playlists. I
>>> still haven't been able to find any playlist style streams that start
>>> with an advertisement, so to keep things simple, I have made the
>>> assumption that the first stream we connect to in the playlist is going
>>> to be the radio stream, and all of the other entries are no longer
>>> needed. If anyone can produce a counter-example, I'd be glad to change
>>> this assumption.
>>
>> I don't if they use playlists for it, but the NPR channels in NYC
>> have two or three ads before they the stream starts.
>> http://www.wnyc.com
>> It would be unfortunate if MythMusic only played the ads. :)
>
> Greetings,
>
> I was never actually able to find an online stream that doesn't have wma
> files redirecting or used a supported stream format, so I created one I
> could test with locally (attached). Its plays the KEXP addvertisment and
> then plays a Chronix radio stream. I added file:///home/you/test.asx
> support for adding streams.
>
> I had to do some monkeying around with the avfdecoder to get it to
> switch between streams, so I'd love some feedback on that, but as
> always, general testing or other feedback is always welcome.
>
> Stream metadata is my next task :)

Unfortunately, stream metadata (SHOUTcast Icy-MetaData) will require
fixes in FFMPEG, so version five (radio5.patch) will be the last version
for a while.  I would say at this point that it should be reviewed if it
were being considered for inclusion, since the ffmpeg fixes may take a
while. Also, I know mythmusic is getting a rewrite, so I understand if
its put on the back burner.

TIA
--
Micah F. Galizia
micahgalizia at gmail.com

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one."   --W. Stekel