[mythtv] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:31:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 3:43 AM,  <John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk> wrote:
>> Is that the only response????  Were are the comments on why these suck? (I
>> don't think they
>> do...)  What about the alternate layouts, screenshots, etc -- we know
>> someone out there can come up with some cool looking eye-candy!  The man
>> asked for mock-ups, images, or links (see my earlier post).
>> Nasa
>
> As you noted in your original post, these UIs are designed for touchscreen
> devices, which in my opinion is quite a different thing from designing for
> remote controls. For example, they have buttons around the outside of the
> screen for people to press, which don't really make sense with a remote
> control.
>
> John Veness

I've been asked to note that MythUI allows for both touchscreen and
tradition remote based UIs, so the differentiation is really up to the
themer.  What we're looking for is UI functionality that you would
like to see exposed to the themer rather than feature requests or
specific UI layouts.

Still think those UIs are pretty awful ;) but to each his own.

Robert