[mythtv] "Missing Cover" in mythweb videos

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Sat Jan 16 20:58:07 UTC 2010

Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> Simon Kenyon wrote:
>> i suspect that the issue is that the database used to contain the full
>> pathname and now it only contains the filename. so the code is now wrong.
>  >
>  > i have submitted a small patch which uses the settinsg to get the
>  > VideoArtworkDir
>
> Nope, please look at the code I sent you, that situation is already
> handled...
>
> I'm not sure the MythWeb side fetches the artwork (I think it doesn't)
> but once it's there because it was fetched by the frontend it should
> work...
>
> I did not created the following symlink in /var/www/html/mythweb/data,
> it got added by
> mythweb/modules/video/handler.php...
>
> re:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 apache apache   17 2010-01-16 10:20 video_covers ->
> /storage/coverart
>
> Did anything cause it not to be created on your pc?

i do have the symbolic link

maybe an example with serve to illustrate the issue
suppose $this->cover_file contains 0808151_coverart.jpg
this is Angels and Demons for the curious

how will the line classes/Video.php:59 work

if ($this->cover_file != 'No Cover' && file_exists($this->cover_file) )

and perhaps more to the point, how is the following line supposed to work

$this->cover_url = 'data/video_covers/'.substr($this->cover_file,
strlen(setting('VideoArtworkDir', hostname)));

this assumes that the value has a prefix of /myth/newyork/coverart
which is the value of VideoArtworkDir on my master backend