[mythtv] "Missing Cover" in mythweb videos

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sat Jan 16 21:24:37 UTC 2010

Simon Kenyon wrote:
> i do have the symbolic link

OK

> maybe an example with serve to illustrate the issue
> suppose $this->cover_file contains 0808151_coverart.jpg
> this is Angels and Demons for the curious

(-;

> how will the line classes/Video.php:59 work
>
> if ($this->cover_file != 'No Cover' && file_exists($this->cover_file) )
>
> and perhaps more to the point, how is the following line supposed to work
>
> $this->cover_url = 'data/video_covers/'.substr($this->cover_file,
> strlen(setting('VideoArtworkDir', hostname)));
>
> this assumes that the value has a prefix of /myth/newyork/coverart
> which is the value of VideoArtworkDir on my master backend

Now I'm wondering why it works here...??? I have something in VideoArtworkDir for
that frontend which is also my master backend...

What it looks like it wants to do is suppress the path of the original file to
replace it with the relative path of the file (relative to the web server root).

OK, if we replace the above line with

$this->cover_url = 'data/video_covers/'.$this->cover_file;

It should work, right? (the cover_file doesn't have a path, does it? If it does it
would explain why it works here).

The tests for the presence of the file should be replaced to access it through the
symlink.

Have a nice day!

Nick